What's new

Why is there a death penalty?

I was afk slaying and didn't notice my prayer ran out and died. Normally this would not be a big deal because i would just run back and pick up my loot but on this server you can't? I had to pay the equivalent of the items i lost to retrieve them from the chest in edge which is ridiculous since i seen my player die so i should have been able to retrieve off ground. I know this is probably being used as a "money sink" but being completely new to the server i had to pay 350k which was almost 1/3rd of my total money to retrieve it. I completely understand having something like this (though not this expensive) at instanced bosses and such but on any random death? What happens when a player that doesn't know this mechanic like myself carries his/her entire cashstack with them to slay and dies the same way? This is an overly punishing mechanic that is going to cause a lot of people to give up right off the bat. Why not 10% of the value lost? maybe 15%? Hopefully someone doesn't donate for items and then loses something like a bandos piece and has to pay millions to get it back.

Party

Donator
I see your issue as it may be a tad overpriced. There should be a major discount if anything, hopefully it gets polled. For now with it being in the game, we must deal with it by not dying/Being Smart With Your Money :p