Not open for further replies.

Chris T

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Group ironman
novea-logo_sm.png
Hello Noveans,

Today we have an update that will mainly help new players and increase cashflow in the game.

Money Pyramid

The Novea money pyramid can be found south of edgeville.
After completion of the full course you will be rewarded with a pyramid top.
This pyramid top can be exchanged at the sarcophagus for 200K GP and other additional rewards.

pyramid.png

Potential rewards

• Mummy outfit
  • Desert outfit
  • Menaphite outfit
  • Gems
  • ores
  • Rune armour
  • Runite bar
  • Anglerfish

Gamble zone

As many of you know gambling on Novea has always been done south-west of the edgeville bank.
Unfortunately with the new money pyramid this location will be too concentrated to gamble in.
We've decided to relocate the ;;gamble teleport to our new custom made zone which will satisfy all your gambling activites!

Gamble.png

Bug fixes

• Fixed raids black screening and locking upon exit bug
  • Fixed raids smuggling items via private storage bug
  • Fixed infinite point bug in raids scavenger room
  • Wrath runes are now tradeable

QOL

• Thieving stalls have been reworked and can now be found north of edgeville bank
  • Added a chilling lounge area with benches and a karambwan fishing spot south of edgeville bank
  • edgeville dungeon trapdoor has been relocated south of edgeville bank
  • wilderness lever has been relocated south of edgeville bank
  • Nettles for a clue scroll step have been relocated west of the money pyramid
  • You can now only plant mithril seeds if you have a donator rank
  • Novea background client has been added back

Thanks for reading. Please remember to always report bugs and that you can suggest new updates here.

- Novea Development Team

Mahanimal

Super Donator
New update brings concern to me. Fail rates on new agility pyramid is incredibly annoying, can't see this being a new activity for new players. With this being intended for the newer players, they see this giant agility pyramid right next to home and look to it as a beginner method, only to get frustrated with the fail rates of this course and quit. I've seen it multiple times now, double fail (which is extremely common) and you lose all progress of the course, that gives 200k, and it's super demotivating. This skill is already a very boring skill, having incredibly high fail rates really demotivates people. The new thieving stalls are also nothing special. I haven't advanced past 60 thieving because the first 3 stalls all give the same amount of xp. I don't see the logic in the new stalls nor pyramid. Cool idea, poorly thought out in my opinion. The potential is still available, just changes must be made.

Mahanimal

Super Donator
There are plenty of fixes that take less than a minute to fix, and this update almost feels like a slap to the face. For one, the announcement for ::tournament, yet the ::tournament command brings you to a random edgeville spot. It's as simple as changing a coordinate. Along with this there's also bugs in notifications such as voting being 1m, when it's actually 250k. etc. There's a lot of little fixes that'll be attractive to new players, not a skilling feature at home for the most boring skill, with an incredibly high fail rate. Like I said, this feels like a slap to the face.

Chris T

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Group ironman
There are plenty of fixes that take less than a minute to fix, and this update almost feels like a slap to the face. For one, the announcement for ::tournament, yet the ::tournament command brings you to a random edgeville spot. It's as simple as changing a coordinate. Along with this there's also bugs in notifications such as voting being 1m, when it's actually 250k. etc. There's a lot of little fixes that'll be attractive to new players, not a skilling feature at home for the most boring skill, with an incredibly high fail rate. Like I said, this feels like a slap to the face.

Thank you for the feedback Mahanimal,

We've put low exp rates on both the additions because we want them to be used as money makers, not cancel out the regular methods of training.
As for the fail rates they really aren't that bad, on average a lap takes 1.5 minutes to complete (this has been tested multiple times by staff and me)

We will most definitely make changes to the other minor things such as the ;;tournament teleport location and broadcast ingame! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.